And just in case you didn’t know most of the events are free and start around 7pm. So, you’ll have plenty of time to go home and grab a bite to eat. I’ve listed a few of my personal highlights below:
1. Polly Morgan – Live and Stuffing!
She’s one of my favourite artists and I am beyond excited that I’ll get a chance to see her & her work. Last year, I’ve published a post about Polly but who knows, maybe this year I’ll even get to snap a picture of her live and in colour for you.
- Free entry, 7pm to 8.30pm
- Victoria Gallery & Museum, University of Liverpool, Ashton St, Off Brownlow Hill, L69 3DR
2. Light Night Polaroid Pop-Up Studio
Liverpool’s Open Eye Gallery has come up with a fantastic idea to create some very personal souvenirs of this memorable night. There’ll be a Polaroid pop-up studio set up by The Impossible Project’s Tom White.
- Free entry, galleries open until 10pm
- Main Exhibition: Richard Mosse
- Archive Exhibition: Simon Norfolk
- Wall Work: Emily Speed
- Open Eye Gallery, 19 Mann Island, Liverpool Waterfront, Liverpool L3 1BP (opposite Liverpool ONE’s One Park West apartment block)
3. The Big Voice – Liverpool Anglican Cathedral
If you enjoy singing and would like to give it a go outside your bathroom, then The Big Voice at Liverpool’s Anglican Cathedral might be a good place to be. I missed last year’s as there is always so much to do on Light Night in Liverpool. However, I’d really like to go this year. It all sounds quite promising. Rumour has is that it is going to be more about contemporary music rather than gospels.
- Free, 7.30pm until 9pm
- Liverpool Anglican Cathedral, St James Mount, Liverpool L1 7AZ
4. Red Wire Open Studio Art Fair
I’m really curious about this one. I’ve never been to Red Wire before but the title sounds promising. Hopefully there will be some good zines to flick through and maybe a new piece of art to take home with me.
- Free entry, 7.30pm – 11.30pm
- Red Wire Art Studio, Carlisle Building, 69 Victoria St, L1 6DE
5. Light & Sound – LightNight Afterparty
And just to finish off a great night, the Kazimier Krunk Band has been hired to entertain at the Light Night afterparty at the Liverpool Academy of Arts. There is also talk about a light show. On top of that, Clinic DJs will play a blend of funk, psychedelica and dance classics.
If it’s anything like the Krunk parties, then this should be a brilliant finish.
- Free entry, 0.30am – 4am
- Liverpool Academy of Arts, 32 Seel St, L1 4BE (rear of building at Wolstenholme Square – near The Kazimier)
PS. I’ve decided to take my bike. That way I can get quickly from A to B and hopefully – fingers crossed – get to do all the things I want to do. Hope you have a good night!
Promotional pictures & info c/o LightNightLiverpool.co.uk & PollyMorgan.co.uk